Table of Contents
PENCOM Adopts New NIN and How to print the new NIN
On 6 May 2021 the Federal Government announced the Slip for Enhanced National Identification Numbers (INS) and approved it as a way for all public services to identify and access it.
The National Pension Commission (PENCOM) announced on the basis of this development on 26 August 2021 a directive concerning the adoption of INS by all participants within the retiring scheme. This simply implies that for all pension claims and applications, the National Identification Number (NIN) Slip must be substituted by the Upgraded National Identification Number Slip (INS).
As a result of the PENCOM regulation, we will not recognize the old NIN slip for new pension applications and applications any more. Please note that the Directive takes effect as instructed by the National Pension Commission immediately (PENCOM).
I’m not sure what my NIN is. What is the procedure for obtaining it?
- Dial *346# from the phone number that the NIMC is familiar with. It will soon be possible to send NIN to 346 on any network in order to perform the same NIN retrieval as as dialing *246#. Make every effort to keep your NIN as safe as possible for security reasons.
- Choose “NIN Retrieval” from the given options by entering in ‘1’ if you have same phone number that you have registered for the NIN with.
- Follow your screen directions and submit the necessary inputs
- Note that N20 (twenty naira) fee only applies with this service. This will be deducted from your existing credit
Does nimc have a mobile app?
Yes, NIN has a mobile application. This application will help you securely access your new NIN Slip from your phone. It is called the “MWS: NIMC MobileID” and can be downloaded from both android and IOS store.
How much is it costing?
The app is free for everyone with a smartphone and a NIN number. If you don’t have a Smartphone, you can still get your NIN slip in the current format for N400 + taxes to be paid. THE APP IS COMPLETELY FREE.
How do I access my NIN online?
- To begin, double-check that you’ve previously enlisted and received your National Identification Number (NIN). You’ll also need your NIN to download NIMC’s MWS Mobile ID app.
- Go to the NIMC’s web portals at https://myportal.nimc.gov.ng or https://dashboard.nimc.gov.ng.
- Download and install the NIMC MWS Mobile ID app on your mobile device if you haven’t already. Access NIMC’s MWS Mobile ID app on your mobile device to learn more at https://nimc.gov.ng/mobile-digital-id/. Ascertain that your phone or computer is connected to internet.
- Tap the “SECURITY PIN” button on the app’s home screen.
- On the app’s “Security PIN” section, take note of the new “UserID” and “One Time PIN (OTP)” fields.
- To access the myportal.nimc.gov.ng or dashboard.nimc.gov.ng portals, enter your UserID and OTP.
- On the portal’s homepage, go to the “Print Premium Slip” or “Print Standard Slip” menu area. After making the necessary payment, you can download the front and back parts of your Slip in form of a PDF file.
- If you want, you may now print the PDF page, cut it to size, fold it, get your slip laminated.
For more information visit the official NIMC page